Friday 5 April 2013

Tips To Handle Last-minute Exam Stress

Leave a Comment
 The clock is ticking for students who are all set to take the ISC Board examination starting from February 13. With just a week left, stress levels are likely to be high. The number of sleeping hours must have gone down and students wouldn't let go of their books. Although before the exam, every student experiences this sense of fear, this is not the right approach for preparation. That is why at this point of time I only concentrated on revisions without letting the exam pressure build up.
One should understand that it is not the 'quantitative' effort , but the quality that matters. The emphasis should be on learning to strike a balance between subjects. Practical subjects like accounts and mathematics need continuous practice and theoretical subjects like commerce require a thorough understanding of the concepts.
I never attended any coaching classes. The guidance that I received was from my school teachers. Personally, I believe that 80% of one's success depends on a student's effort, 10% on the strategies students use to tackle exams and the remaining 10% on guidance, either through schools or coaching institutes.
When I was preparing for the exams last year, in the afternoon , I made sure to sleep for half-an-hour to one hour. This kept my energy level high.
While studying, I used to take a 10-minute break after every two hours. During this time, I always interacted with people around me. This helped me concentrate better whenever I got back to studying.
All that is required to crack the exams is sincerity, determination , time-management and self-confidence . My advice to all students appearing for the ISC exams is to remember not to make half-hearted attempts and that there are no shortcuts to success.
Article Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/education/board-exams/Success-mantra-and-tips-to-handle-last-minute-exam-stress/articleshow/11775208.cms

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you giving your feedback. Your Feedback with help us to improve our article.
If you want to apply for "Franchise" or, STUDY CENTER . Please call :08986054337